Monday, August 18, 2008

Well drilling

The Well got drilled today. It was done by Milton Hyatt of Albert M Hyatt and Sons Inc. My excavator Ed and builder Bruce have known him a long time, and said he is very honest, and won't lie about the depth of the well, and the amount of casing used (important since I'm paying by the foot!). All the well drillers around here seem to charge like the same price, which is pretty high. I think around $12-$15 per foot. The casing cost about that too. I was glad that Milton gave me a 5% discount. I don't think anyone would have gotten a well drilled any cheaper.

I am very happy with the results. The well is 325 feet deep, and needed 114 feet of casing. They left casing 10 feet above ground so I can backfill it to any level I want to, and cut the pipe later. The well had 25 gallons per minute flow, which they said is fantastic. I guess some houses only have 1 (or is it 3?) GPM. I had to get the well in now, before the garage foundation goes in, otherwise I won't be able to get a well truck back there around the house.

Here is a photo of the well pipe, and the slop hole next to it.

No comments: