Tuesday, May 5, 2009

James Hardie ColorPlus - Westchester NY area

It is almost impossible to pick out a siding color from one those ridiculously small sample displays at a lumber yard. How are you going to know how its is going to look on the house you will be living in for years to come? So the sales rep at Croton Home Center gave me a list of houses that he has sold James Hardie ColorPlus siding to. My wife and I drove around to all of them multiple times to figure out what we like best. To tell you the truth we wanted a simple medium tan color. But Hardie doesn't have that. The have a goldish tan, and a greenish tan, and greyish tan, but not what we wanted. So we settle for Monterey Beige, which is nice, but really more grey than we wanted.

I have created a Google User Map of houses in the Westchester NY area that have James Hardie ColorPlus installed. Maybe this will help someone else who is going through the same thing as us.

Westchester NY map of James Hardie Color­Plus Fiber Cement Siding

Also there is a photo album of these houses here:

Siding - James Hardie ColorPlus - Fiber Cement Board - Sample Houses

1 comment:

N said...

Thank you so much for documenting this. I am trying to select my JH color and I am pulling my hair out as I don't seem to like any of their colors. First I thought Khaki but I think it's too dark. Then I thought Autumn Tan! But now I think maybe it looks a bit odd. JH has the strangest color palette, IMHO.